Choose a swatch to find rugs with that color
- Machine Made
- 100% New Zealand Wool
- Pile Height
- 1⁄2 inch
- Original Karastan
- Empress Kirman
- No Backing; Karastan's Axmister weave incorporates a cotton foundation and wool pile with a woven through-the-back construction that closely duplicates the look and feel of a hand-knotted rug.
- Care and Cleaning
- Rotate your rug periodically. Vacuuming is the best way to remove every-day dirt and dust. (Special care should be taken in the fringe area as vacuuming with a beater bar can catch and pull the fringe, causing separation). Professional cleaning recommended.
- Multi, Indigo Blue, Brick Red, Brown, Olive, Gold
- Style Description
- The ancient province of Kirman is famous for producing some of the world’s most elegant and refined oriental carpets. Kirman was known as a creative mecca, where designs were conceived and woven by masters of the art. Our graceful Empress Kirman is based on one of Karastan’s most timeless and classic patterns - featuring floral bouquets arranged within cartouche panels. The panels resemble the many hued domes that towered, amid picturesque gardens and flowering trees, over the provincial city of Kirman.
- Warranty Info
- 20 Year Full Manufacturing Defects Warranty, exclusions apply, Limited Lifetime Moth and Insect Resistance Warranty
- Stain Resistance
Free Shipping on all orders, no minimum purchase required. The listed price is
the final price: no shipping, tax, or other processing fees.
If you find this rug for less, we will beat any
competitor's advertised price. During business hours, please contact us by chat or
call 1-800-239-9892. After business hours, please use our price match form.
Any rug that you purchase can be returned within 30 days after delivery for a full refund.
You're only responsible for shipping cost back.
For more information on our return policy, ordering process, and payment process, please visit
our FAQ page.
This is the collection that created the reputable name of Karastan. It was the skilled redesigns, of original oriental rugs, from this collection, that first put Karastan on the map. They were first sold in 1928 and have since become a status symbol for any discerning interior designer or homeowner. These rugs are woven on Axminster looms from luxurious, premium wool and then washed with a finish to add the appearance of age and patina that give off an established traditional atmosphere.
Leave a Comment or Review
We encourage any discussion or questions concerning this product.
Our goal is to personally respond to any questions placed during
business hours within 30 minutes.
More Rugs from the Original Karastan Collection
Empress Kirman Black
Multi Panel Kirman