Hand hooked rugs are the perfect compliment to a traditional, country décor. Their ornate and dense patterns and versatile style means that they will fit in to any room that you decide to place them in. This type of rug is also one of the oldest, and examples of hand hooked wool rugs are found in many different countries, most notably Russia, France, and China. Their short looped pile construction of hand hooked area rugs means that they are durable as well.
When caring for your new rug, keep the following in mind:
- Hand hooked rugs should never be folded for storage, as this can damage the weave. Be sure to gently roll it with the pile facing out when moving or storing it.
- Never store a hand hooked area rug in extreme temperatures or in an environment where mold is likely to be found.
- To further prevent mold damage, never store a hand hooked rug in plastic. Always use a clean cotton sheet or towel.
- When choosing a place for your rug, steer clear from areas of high traffic and moisture.
- Vacuuming too vigorously can damage your new rug, so be sure to use a hand held vacuum, and vacuum gently when necessary.
- Blot all stains immediately with a clean white cloth and clean with a small amount of water and a mild cleanser. Never immerse your hand hooked area rug in water.
When you're looking for high quality hand hooked discount rugs, look no further than Plush Rugs. As one of the largest bulk rug buyers in the United States, we are able to purchase thousands of beautiful, durable rugs of all shapes, sizes, and weaves, all at low prices, and we pass the savings on to you. Best of all, we ship for free. Browse our selection of hand hooked rugs today and discover the Plush Rugs difference for yourself.